Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pulling data and autofilling fields

Ok so my questions is as follows.
I would like to to select a name from a drop down list/box and when selected
it populates certain fields . (address book/database idea but it's not an
address or contact list that i am trying to make) The information it pulls
would come from a different workbook. I already have the drop down box but i
am stuck. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 26, 3:12*am, Robert S <Robert
wrote:
Ok so my questions is as follows.
I would like to to select a name from a drop down list/box and when selected
it populates certain fields . (address book/database idea but it's not an
address or contact list that i am trying to make) The information it pulls
would come from a different workbook. I already have the drop down box but i
am stuck. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Any reason why you couldn't just set up a whole bunch of vlookups?

Travis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 27, 12:16*am, Robert S
wrote:
Thank you Travis. I think that is excactly what i am looking for :)

Glad to have helped.

There are a few really powerful tools in Excel which not everyone
knows about, but once you learn about them you find them
indispensible.

vlookup and hlookup, pivot tables, solver, if, sumif and offset cell
referencing. There are others of course, but they're my favourites.
I practically can't write a spreadsheet without using one of those.
Next step after that is to play around with automating stuff by
recording your actions with the macro recorder. Then you learn to
edit the code to insert conditional logic and named cell references
and before you know it you're a power user.

Travis