Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check box

Hi,

I have a survey rating 1-5 (rows) with forms check boxes for 13 (topics)
columns. I want the rows to total how many checks are placed in each row as
the final column.

I would also like to increase the size of the actual check box itself not
just the format area.

Thanks in advance,
Clint
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could assign the linked cell for each checkbox to the cell under the
checkbox.
Give that cell a custom format of:
;;;
(3 semicolons)
to hide the value on the worksheet.

Then you can use:
=countif(a1:a5,true)
to count the number of checkboxes that checked.

Assigning the linkedcell is different depending on what checkboxes you used.

If you used checkboxes from the Forms toolbar, you can rightclick on each
checkbox and choose Format control, then type in the cell link on the Control
tab.

If you used checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar, then go into design
mode (another icon on that toolbar), show the properties (for each checkbox) and
scroll down to LinkedCell. Type the address. Then leave design mode.

I don't think you can change the size of the checkbox--well, you could change
the zoom factor???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave,

Since my post I switched things a bit. I am using the Forms toolbar with
option boxes to avoid double checking. They are grouoped in columns. They
are assigned to the bottom row. This way I have a row of answers I can pull
up in a master query. However, I want the end of the row to tell me how many
Milds, moderates, severes etc.

Maybe this diagram will help.

Scale Impact Salary Health School (etc.) TOTALS
1 None 1

2 Mild 2

3 Moderate

4 Moderate/ Severe

5 Severe

RESULTS 2 1 2

Is there a way to have the column group report in the bottom row AND tally
how many mild severes etc. in the final column?

Thanks so much,
Clint

Whois Clinton wrote:

Hi,

I have a survey rating 1-5 (rows) with forms check boxes for 13 (topics)
columns. I want the rows to total how many checks are placed in each row as
the final column.

I would also like to increase the size of the actual check box itself not
just the format area.

Thanks in advance,
Clint

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use
=countif(a1:a10,1)
=countif(a1:a10,2)
=countif(a1:a10,3)

Or maybe...
=countif(a1:e1,1)
=countif(a1:e1,2)
=countif(a1:e1,3)

It maybe too late, but you may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlForm01.html

Whois Clinton wrote:

Hi,

I have a survey rating 1-5 (rows) with forms check boxes for 13 (topics)
columns. I want the rows to total how many checks are placed in each row as
the final column.

I would also like to increase the size of the actual check box itself not
just the format area.

Thanks in advance,
Clint

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, I couldn't get that to work but in trying to make it work I relaized
I could just reference the bottom results row in the COUNTIF formula. I
appreciate your time,
Clint