Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy and move check box (check boxes) with new cell link?

Hi,
I have created a document with text, check boxes and IF formulas dependant
on the TRUE or FALSE values for each of the check boxes. This was done over
time and it is fairly extensive at this point and I would like to duplicate
that document on the same sheet about 6 to 8 times below the original. When I
copy the document and paste it below the original (text, formulas and check
boxes), the references (cell link) for all of the check boxes are linked to
the original document (clicking a check box in the copied document add a
check mark to both the copied and original check boxes which I do not want).
I have used the "form" check boxes. Is there a way to copy and paste check
boxes and obtain a new cell reference?

Other recommendations?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please try this on a copy of your worksheet.

Adapt column D to suit your cell link.

i.e. cell link is Gx

Change "D" to "G"

Sub change_forms_checkbox_links()
Dim mychkbox As CheckBox
Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = ActiveSheet

For Each mychkbox In wks.Checkboxes
With mychkbox
.LinkedCell = wks.Cells(.TopLeftCell.Row, "D") _
.Address(external:=True)
End With
Next mychkbox
End Sub