Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move downloaded bank transaction to a specific worksheet in same workbook

I was hoping to find a way, using Vba for Excel, to move exact
transactions to a specific worksheet. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move downloaded bank transaction to a specific worksheet in same w

Hi,

What's an 'Exact transaction'?

Mike

"wccc.pctutor" wrote:

I was hoping to find a way, using Vba for Excel, to move exact
transactions to a specific worksheet. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike H,

Well, I really didn't proofread my post.

The following line is part of the post above this line (Parsing, mid,
left, trim or right to find specific word in string), which I sent after
I came to my senses.

"I was hoping to get a hint or two on how to find a specific word, which
I'll
use to determine which worksheet to place the row in.
"

The exact transaction is the row which contains that specific word.

I can move a row or rows with using and I currently don't remember the
exact process, but highlighting the row, clicking that selection and
while holding pointer, hold down the Alt and move to each ws until you
find the right one and let go. I would like to do all of this with
code.

I know what I want to do, but I just don't know which is the best
route.

Any hints, ideas, but for the moment no coding. I would like to know
which, left, right, or mid, I should use to find a word in a string
(downloaded bank transaction). I can tell you that each month's online
bank statement will be almost an exact clone. I need to locate that
specific word first.

Thanks in advance.

Later,

wccc.pctutor

Mike H:
Hi,

What's an 'Exact transaction'?

Mike

"wccc.pctutor" wrote:

I was hoping to find a way, using Vba for Excel, to move exact
transactions to a specific worksheet. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't think you can do what you want without code. Have you tried
Datafilterautofilter instead of moving?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"wccc.pctutor" wrote:

I was hoping to find a way, using Vba for Excel, to move exact
transactions to a specific worksheet. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You really need to provide considerably more detail. The most basic
syntax would be something like

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").EntireRow _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C1")

But I think you have more in mind than just this.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
The San Diego Project Group, LLC
(email is on the web site)
USA Central Daylight Time (-5:00 GMT)

On tue, 23 sep 2008 15:17:10 -0400, "wccc.pctutor" <nospam@invalid
wrote:

I was hoping to find a way, using Vba for Excel, to move exact
transactions to a specific worksheet. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Mike,

Please check out the post " Parsing, mid, left, trim or right to find
specific word in string" Date 9/23 @ 17:05.

This will explain my question much, much better.

Many thanks for your help.

Later,

wccc.pctutor

Mike H: