Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert numbers to HEX

Hi,
I am using excel to open a web page with a url.
All are fine except building a url where I need to convert contents of
cell to HEX.
All cell contents will be 10 digit numbers.
I have a url which will be appended with this HAX at the end.

Is there any way to convert this 10 digit numbers to HEX by VBA?

Regards,
Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It's done with

mynum = Hex(mynum)

But in your partiular case we could do with seeing some examples of the
string that contains the decimal number.

Mike

"Madiya" wrote:

Hi,
I am using excel to open a web page with a url.
All are fine except building a url where I need to convert contents of
cell to HEX.
All cell contents will be 10 digit numbers.
I have a url which will be appended with this HAX at the end.

Is there any way to convert this 10 digit numbers to HEX by VBA?

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Hex function as suggested is probably OK for your needs. But to be on
the safe side post an example of a Hex code and the equivalent number, just
in case the bit and or byte order is reversed.

Regards,
Peter T

"Madiya" wrote in message
I am using excel to open a web page with a url.
All are fine except building a url where I need to convert contents of
cell to HEX.
All cell contents will be 10 digit numbers.
I have a url which will be appended with this HAX at the end.

Is there any way to convert this 10 digit numbers to HEX by VBA?

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Madiya" wrote in message

I am using excel to open a web page with a url.
All are fine except building a url where I need to convert contents of
cell toHEX.
All cell contents will be 10 digit numbers.
I have a url which will be appended with this HAX at the end.

Is there any way to convert this 10 digit numbers toHEXby VBA?

Regards,
Madiya- Hide quoted text -

Yes, You are right.
I am getting error in VBA function Hex(1234567890) .
Error is "Runtime error '6' ", Over Flow.

Here is an example of input and output reqd.
input 9320545500
output EDD7EA6A0CDC5CA7212187EB854408ADF73E7F7BA2FF95BA

input 9320545566
output 695B91538F72D3B2F0BED374FA4E02A9634A1C4CE9292966

Pl help.

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get 10 digit hex numbers with the Hex2Dec function in Analysis Tool
Pack addin (or the version for use with VBA).

Input 9320545500
Output 22B8C3CDC

input 9320545566
output 22B8C3D1E

Note Hex2Dec returns a different construct to VBA's Hex depending on the
number.

Those 48-char Hex numbers in theory represent a number somewhere between
3.9E+56 to 3.14E+57

However I kind of assume they represent some sort of code, you'd need to
give more information.

Regards,
Peter T

"Madiya" wrote in message

Yes, You are right.
I am getting error in VBA function Hex(1234567890) .
Error is "Runtime error '6' ", Over Flow.

Here is an example of input and output reqd.
input 9320545500
output EDD7EA6A0CDC5CA7212187EB854408ADF73E7F7BA2FF95BA

input 9320545566
output 695B91538F72D3B2F0BED374FA4E02A9634A1C4CE9292966

Pl help.

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Madiya" wrote in message

Yes, You are right.
I am getting error in VBA function Hex(1234567890) .
Error is "Runtime error '6' ", Over Flow.

Here is an example of input and output reqd.
input 9320545500
output EDD7EA6A0CDC5CA7212187EB854408ADF73E7F7BA2FF95BA

input 9320545566
output 695B91538F72D3B2F0BED374FA4E02A9634A1C4CE9292966

Pl help.

Regards,
Madiya

Thanks Peter.
But I have no idea what code it is. In fact I have derived this hex
from the resultent url of the web page
We have to enter the 10 digit no in the text box and click submit
button.
A new page loaded in browser will show related details with the above
output appended at the end of the url.

Shell I post the html source code of the page? Can that be of any
help?

Regards,
Madiya