Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare two spreadsheets

I have two spreadsheets that contain a lot of the same data. What I want to
do, is find all the unique data between them and have Excel spit out that
unique data in a new sheet. Possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, I assume you mean worksheets (not workbooks) when you say
"spreadsheets". Second, there is the question of how you want the unique
data displayed (do it makes some sense to you). I presume your data is
two-dimensional, so one would imagine if you were to know what the data
corresponds to, you would have to keep it in the same row/column so you
could see where it came from. However, that presents a problem. Let's say A1
on the first worksheet contains 123 and A1 on the second worksheet contains
789... I presume these qualify as being unique values... they can't both go
in A1 on the report sheet... so how are they to be displayed?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)