Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy as Picture takes up to 5 seconds to copy

I'm using the following piece of code to copy a ChartObject as a picture.
myChtObj.CopyPicture appearance:=xlPrinter, Format:=xlPicture

I'm also using this to copy a range as a picture
myRange.CopyPicture appearance:=xlPrinter, Format:=xlPicture

The median time to copy a chart is 9 seconds and a range of cells is 6
seconds. This seems quite excessive. Has anyone seen this before and what
should I do. Execution is taking FOREVER.

FWIW, it's taking me a long time to hide columns when I have all the
application ... stuff disabled.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just discovered that my default printer was "Opening". Could this be
related to my copy as picture problems?
Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm using the following piece of code to copy a ChartObject as a picture.
myChtObj.CopyPicture appearance:=xlPrinter, Format:=xlPicture

I'm also using this to copy a range as a picture
myRange.CopyPicture appearance:=xlPrinter, Format:=xlPicture

The median time to copy a chart is 9 seconds and a range of cells is 6
seconds. This seems quite excessive. Has anyone seen this before and what
should I do. Execution is taking FOREVER.

FWIW, it's taking me a long time to hide columns when I have all the
application ... stuff disabled.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess...

But if you use appearance:=xlprinter, then it seems reasonable to me for the
printer driver to get accessed--so excel knows how to display the picture.

Maybe it'll be quicker if you use appearance:=xlscreen (untested).

I'm not sure if you saw the other suggestions in your previous thread about
speeding up execution time.

--

Dave Peterson