Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default those little "moving lines"

After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Don't put them in!
Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

You can Always leave out the select when copying (which is what puts
the lines in)
regards
Paul

On Sep 12, 3:53*pm, Eric @ BP-EVV
wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess I got a little too excited at first....I've tried your suggestion and
the lines are still there....they show up when the copy command is executed
and don't go away after the paste command.....anyone have any other ideas ?

wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Naz Naz is offline

you can put in

application.cutcopy = false

at the end.

wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried that too....still no luck. I do have Application.ScreenUpdating =
False at the beginning of my code and Application.ScreenUpdating = True at
the end, so I commented those out and tried again...but still no luck. Those
"little moving lines" are still there.

"Naz" wrote:

you can put in

application.cutcopy = false

at the end.

wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Naz Naz is offline

Are you sure they are to do with cutting and copying?

One last thing you could try is

application.sendkeys "esc"

thats from memory so may need tweeking
--

_______________________
Naz,

"Eric @ BP-EVV" wrote:

I tried that too....still no luck. I do have Application.ScreenUpdating =
False at the beginning of my code and Application.ScreenUpdating = True at
the end, so I commented those out and tried again...but still no luck. Those
"little moving lines" are still there.

"Naz" wrote:

you can put in

application.cutcopy = false

at the end.

wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines" that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ding ding ding ding....we have a winner ! Thanks Andy...I used the one line
approach:

Range("A1:A3").copy Destination:=Range("B1")

and the 'marching ants' (I like that so much better than 'moving lines')
have taken a hike out of my spreadsheet !

Thanks for the help and education !

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

If you execute as 2 commands then the 'marching-ants' will appear, even
without the .Select

So with lines,
Range("A1:A3").copy
Activesheet.paste Range("B1")

Without lines

Range("A1:A3").copy Destination:=Range("B1")

Or this will also remove the lines,
application.CutCopyMode= false

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
?

wrote:
After the following section of vba code runs, the little "moving lines"
that
show the range of cells as selected are still there....how do I
un-select
that range ?

Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight OK").Range("L2:M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Items in F4106 Weight
OK").Range("L3:L" & rcount18)

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use

Application.CutCopyMode = False

after the Paste operation. FYI, the "moving lines" are often called the
"marching ants".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson