Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SpecialCells

Hello,

is the SpecialCells method usefull to increase the speed of udfs?

Emiliano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends what you are doing. In general if there is a UDF that could use one
of the special cells features then yes it would be faster...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"eggpap" wrote:

Hello,

is the SpecialCells method usefull to increase the speed of udfs?

Emiliano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is a new one on me... If you use the function withing code special cells
works just fine. If you call the function from a cell it doesn't. Not too
sure why that is but... so it is...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

eggpap wrote:

Hello,

is the SpecialCells method usefull to increase the speed of udfs?

Emiliano

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best guess I saw (and I don't remember who posted it) is that excel sees
..specialcells as trying to do something to the worksheet (like selecting a
different cell--or assigning a value to a different cell).

But it's not too satisfying, huh?

eggpap wrote:

Hello,

is the SpecialCells method usefull to increase the speed of udfs?

Emiliano

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yet one more thing in my life that I just have to file under "I'll be darned"
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson