Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Manage and run a WMP Playlist in Excel

I would like for my Active X control Button to Open Windows Media Player
and play Songs from my Spreadsheet. Can anyone help.
DDE Initiate/Execute Does not open wmplayer.exe (says its missing or damaged)
Shell doesn't work for me either.
Please Help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the control toolbaox there is a hammer and wrench icon. I you click it you
will get a list of controls. WMP is listed. Select it and you can draw an
instance of it on your spreadsheet as an embeded object. Double clicking it
exposes it's events in VBA...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"KJ MAN" wrote:

I would like for my Active X control Button to Open Windows Media Player
and play Songs from my Spreadsheet. Can anyone help.
DDE Initiate/Execute Does not open wmplayer.exe (says its missing or damaged)
Shell doesn't work for me either.
Please Help.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This opens WMP for me.

Sub WMP_Run()
On Error Resume Next
Shell ("C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"), _
vbNormalFocus
If Err < 0 Then _
MsgBox "WMP is not installed on your computer."
End Sub

Where you want to go from here is not clear to me.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP