Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar Message

On Sep 5, 9:58*am, "PCLIVE" wrote:
To make sure the StatusBar code isn't in the current project, perform a
search in your VB code.

Press Alt+F11 to enter the VB Editor.
If your VBAProject Excel filename has a plus (+) next to it, click the plus
onces. *If it had a minus (-) next to it, then click it twice. *This will
ensure that this project is active.
Next, click your mouse cursor in the right-hand pane.
Press Ctrl+F. *This should bring up the Find window.
Next to Find What, type "StatusBar".
Make sure "Current Project" is selected.
Click Find Next.

If the "StatusBar" code is in the current project, then it should be found.

As for posting the code, there may be a lot in several modules or other
places.

HTH,
Paul

--

wrote in message

On Sep 4, 8:31 am, RyanH wrote:

Do you have the code to post? Is the code calling anyother procedures? Is
the macro opening other workbooks that may contain the code that is
changing
the Status Bar? Is the macro in your personal workbook?

Some where in the project the Status Bar is being changed by code. It
helps
if you post your code so when all can analysis it in the future.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

" wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:59 pm, RyanH wrote:
The macro must be changing the Application.StatusBar Property. Maybe
the
code looks something like this

Sub YourCode()

Application.StatusBar = "table:1"

'some code

Applicaiton.StatusBar = "table:2"

'some more code

Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub

Make sure that you set the Status Bar = False at the end of the
Procedure to
give control back to Excel like I did in the example. Else the Status
Bar
will be stuck on "table:3"
--
Cheers,
Ryan

" wrote:
After running a simple macro on a worksheet, the status bar reads
"table:1" then "table:2" and finally "table:3". I've never seen this
before. Why is excel displaying these messages?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

There is nothing in the code that references the Status Bar.- Hide
quoted text -

I want to post the code...What are the correct tags I need to put
around the code in order to post it correctly? *Sorry to ask this
here. *I've been searching everywhere and cannot find this answer!- Hide quoted text -

Here is the code...

<CodeSub ChooseColumns()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Select Case Range("B7")

Case 1

Columns("K:IV").Hidden = False
Range("K4").Select
For xInt = 1 To 150
If ActiveCell < "M" And ActiveCell < "Q" And ActiveCell < "D" And
ActiveCell < "O" And ActiveCell < "B" And ActiveCell < "QC" Then
ActiveCell.Columns.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Next xInt

Case 2
Columns("K:IV").Hidden = False
Range("K4").Select
For xInt = 1 To 150
If ActiveCell < "Q" Then ActiveCell.Columns.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Next xInt

Case 3
Columns("K:IV").Hidden = False
Range("K4").Select
For xInt = 1 To 150
If ActiveCell < "M" Then ActiveCell.Columns.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Next xInt

Case 4
Columns("K:IV").Hidden = False
Range("K4").Select
For xInt = 1 To 150
If ActiveCell < "M" And ActiveCell < "Q" Then
ActiveCell.Columns.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Next xInt

Case 5
Columns("K:IV").Hidden = False
Range("K4").Select
For xInt = 1 To 150
If ActiveCell < "Q" And ActiveCell < "QC" Then
ActiveCell.Columns.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Next xInt

Case Else