Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Message in Status bar

I want to put some custom text string on the status bar for each of the
workbook.

Though i can add the text using Application.StatusBar="My Msg", it will
disappear as soon as i return the application.status = fasle else it will
just display my custom text. I want to do it without impacting the current
functionality( Ready/Edit etc being displayed).

Is there any way by which i can create a separate "Message Box"(just like
the one for Mathematical calculations on the right) in the Status bar so that
it does not change the Read/Edit display.

Any help/suggestoin are welcome.

-Satin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, in my opinion, you need to trap the workbook's open event and in that set
the status bar message, but this will change once you start performing other
operations. I guess, there is no other alternative.