Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SLP SLP is offline

Default Formula not consistent

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks as though some of the cells that are being used for calculation are
not empty, but contain a space " ", which cannot be rounded.

A simple solution to this would be to use the following formula which
checks for the error and saves you having to put 0 in the blank cells

=if(iserr(ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6 *'Emp
Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2))=true,"",ROU ND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2))

Richard

"SLP" wrote:

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SLP SLP is offline

Thanks but that formula results in no value. I did an =isblank and you are
right, there is something in the cells that look blank which is causing the
error. Any other ideas?

"SLP" wrote:

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want something to appear even for the "blank" cells then you have to
enter something in the quotes after true, in the suggested formula. for
example

=if(iserr(ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6 *'Emp
Calendar'!F6-'Vacation Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2))=true,"This Cell
IS Blank",ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'E mp
Calendar'!F6-'Vacation Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2))

will return the comment This cell is blank. if you don't want a text
comment enter a different formula and remove the ""

"SLP" wrote:

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SLP SLP is offline

If I go to the vacation schedule sheet and enter a zero in I6 it works fine.
If I then go back to the vacation schedule sheet and delete the zero it works
fine. (It being my formula). I see what the person's true salary is for the
month I am on.

Any other thoughts? I guess I can just have my end users always enter a
zero if someone is not scheduled to take vacation in a given month but they
will moan about having to enter zeros.

Funny thing it is not happening on every row.

"SLP" wrote:

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you can send me an example of the workbook I can sort this, it doesn't
sound difficult only I need to see it. you'll also have to tell me what
you'd like to see instead of #value. If you are happy to do this send it to

"SLP" wrote:

Hi. I'm stumped. I have a formula:

=ROUND(EmployeeData!AM6*(EmployeeData!$P6*'Emp Calendar'!F6-'Vacation
Schedule'!I6)*ProgramOverview!$AR6,2)

Sometimes I works fine and other times I have to go to the VacationSchedule
sheet and enter a zero when there isn't a number in the cell in order to not
have the #Value error show.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SLP SLP is offline

Hi, The file is too large to be sent as an attachment.

What the formula does is: Rate Per Month * Hours Per Day - Vacation Hours
Scheduled * Percent of Time for the Cost Center (as folks can be in multiple
Cost Centers)

So I should see a value if rate, hours per day, percent is filled in whether
or not they take vacation.