Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update links/save = false

Greetings.

I'm trying to put together an Excel workbook that takes data from
every workbook in a certain folder. So far I have the code below which
works perfectly.

However, I have been unable to find a way to automatically choose
"Don't Update" to the update links box, or "No" to the "Do you want to
save?" box.

I've found a few solutions but can't seem to slot them in with the
code properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Sub CopyRangeValues()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim basebook As Workbook
Dim mybook As Workbook
Dim sourceRange As Range
Dim destrange As Range
Dim rnum As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim a As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "G:\New Folder"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
If .Execute() 0 Then
Set basebook = ThisWorkbook
rnum = 2
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count

Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(.FoundFiles(i))

Set sourceRange = mybook.Worksheets("Access
Data").Range("a2:k336")
a = sourceRange.Rows.Count
With sourceRange
Set destrange = basebook.Worksheets(1).Cells(rnum,
1). _

Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count)
End With
destrange.Value = sourceRange.Value