Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show indicator based on the sum of 2 criteria

Hi all,

Let say, Names in Column A such as ABC 01, ABCD 001, XY 0001 and so
on....the names can be varies in length, but we can identify by the group
name, like ABC xxx, XY xxx ...etc and in Column D, I have Code like US, CA,
GB for the corresponding rows and in column B, I have amount for related to
each names.

If the total sum of the amount in a particular group, eg. all the names
under ABC and code under "US", is less than 100, put a "N" in Column C of the
corresponding rows, otherwise put a "Y" if the amount is greater than 100.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

franciz wrote:
Hi all,

Let say, Names in Column A such as ABC 01, ABCD 001, XY 0001 and so
on....the names can be varies in length, but we can identify by the group
name, like ABC xxx, XY xxx ...etc and in Column D, I have Code like US, CA,
GB for the corresponding rows and in column B, I have amount for related to
each names.

Do you have the group names split out somewhere or did you need help
with that?

If the total sum of the amount in a particular group, eg. all the names
under ABC and code under "US", is less than 100, put a "N" in Column C of the
corresponding rows, otherwise put a "Y" if the amount is greater than 100.

Need some more understanding here.

How many other conditions might you be testing for? Summing Col B based
on "ABC" + "US", comparing to 100, and putting Y or N is not difficult,
but how many

"if code1=foo and code2=bar and sumbaz then Y else N"

combinations of foo, bar, and baz might you have?