Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default what is the proper file format for excel 2003

Hello,
I am trying to make code work in 2003 and 2007.
So I am looking at the fileformat.
which is XlFileFormat (enum)

what is used for office 2003?

Const xlExcel9795 = 43 (&H2B)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

Const xlExcel7 = 39 (&H27)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

???

thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For 97-2003, the file format is *.xls. I hope this is what you were looking
for.
--
Please rate posts so we know when we have answered your questions. Thanks.

"greg" wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to make code work in 2003 and 2007.
So I am looking at the fileformat.
which is XlFileFormat (enum)

what is used for office 2003?

Const xlExcel9795 = 43 (&H2B)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

Const xlExcel7 = 39 (&H27)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

???

thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you saying you want to use one thing for 2007 and another for 2003? Try
looking at the Application.Version.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"greg" wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to make code work in 2003 and 2007.
So I am looking at the fileformat.
which is XlFileFormat (enum)

what is used for office 2003?

Const xlExcel9795 = 43 (&H2B)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

Const xlExcel7 = 39 (&H27)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

???

thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I looked at the Application.Version for 2003 and it is 11.0, so I would think
that 2007 would be 12.0 (I may be wrong about 2007). I didn't know about
checking what version of Excel people would have. Thanks, Barb.
--

"greg" wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to make code work in 2003 and 2007.
So I am looking at the fileformat.
which is XlFileFormat (enum)

what is used for office 2003?

Const xlExcel9795 = 43 (&H2B)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

Const xlExcel7 = 39 (&H27)
Member of Excel.XlFileFormat

???

thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

56

http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

Cliff Edwards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks you
this is what i am looking for.

eExtStr = ".xlsb": FileFormatNum = 50
FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
FileExtStr = ".xlsm": FileFormatNum = 52
FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = 56

very strange that I cannot find these numbers defined in the XlFileFormat