Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need to intentionally set a variable to 'error' (iserror(x) = true)

I'm using some match functions in my code, and use the iserror(x) and
not(iserror(x)) to evaluate whether to run certain blocks of code.

The end-user's data source is a mainframe system, and we just learned that
some of the data in that system changed format and now I have to deal with
multiple scenarios while evaluating for duplicate matches.

I think I can do so by setting a new variable to an 'error', but I've tried
xlerror, vberror, error, and googled and still haven't found a useful link
amongst all the search results dealing with errors in other way.

What I'd like is workable syntax for the first line, that will cause the
second line to evaluate to true:

x = vbError
isError(x)

This is probably an easy one, but I'm getting nowhere fast, and haven't run
into the need for this type of command before, so I'm stuck.

Thanks for any help,
Keith