Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need general directions

I'm trying to write a program that uses web services (XML) with a
login/password to populate a custom userform that collects more data through
web services and plops it all in a single report. I want different filters
to be available to users so they can see products based on manufacturer or
other specifications. There are dozens/hundreds of products per
manufacturer. I don't even know if what I want to do is possible so I would
appreciate any feedback/direction.

I want to be able to query (in a sense) the web services to populate a
listbox from which the user will select different products he/she wants to
examine (moves to another listbox). I then want to use that list from the
second listbox to query the webservices and get more information about the
products (price, discounts, etc.).

My alternative is doing a raw data-dump that takes more than 5min and
creates a big-ass file (10MB+) neither of which I am very fond of. Again, I
don't know if I'm asking too much. I appreciate any help, tips, pointers,
laughs in the face, etc. :)

--
-SA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Windows Services Enhancements allows some Filtering based on parameters
provided in SOAP Headers or Body.

Populating ListBox using a Web Service could be done with simply a Web
Method that fetch records from database and return a DataSet to Client

Please also specific your query so that i can better response you

"StumpedAgain" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know what happened here. My reply was meant for a different post that
was a very simple question of only one line and when aashraf posted I got a
notification and when I look at it I see my reply finished up on the wrong
post.

OssieMac