Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default how to create a bookmark automatically in Excel?

Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

A little more information is needed. How is your data setup? What constitutes
a 'best result'? There is an actual HYPERLINK function that you could maybe
combine with INDIRECT, though you may not need to.

--
John C

"LunaMoon" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

What do you mean by "best result"? Largest, smallest, quickest ?

If they can be defined by means of MAX or MIN etc, then your HYPERLINK
formula can jump directly to the "best".

Please give some more details of your data.

Pete

On Aug 12, 2:19*pm, LunaMoon wrote:
Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Instead of using a Hyperlink create a macro and set a shortcut key to run the
macro. The macro just need to look up the best result and then select the
first cell in the range.

"LunaMoon" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Yeah, the best result is the smallest number.

And I am using macro to run these experiments, so it's best I just
create the hyperlink while it's running...

Of course creating another macro to obtain the smallest experiment
result during post-processing is also doable...

On Aug 12, 10:49*am, John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote:
test
--
John C

"LunaMoon" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

With your results in A2:A1000, you can put this formula in a blank
cell:

=HYPERLINK("#A"&MATCH(MIN(A2:A1000),A2:A1000,0)+1, "Best")

and if you click on "Best" in the cell the cursor will jump to the
smallest value in the range.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"LunaMoon" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a set of experiments that I have to run.

Each time I not only record down all the experiment data but also the
best result so far.

I would like to create a hyperlink which could be automatically linked
to the best result that is in record.

The result records could be huge so it's important to have this
bookmark which can point me to the best result fast, via one single-
click...

I've tried manually creating and inserting hyperlinks, and it
worked...

And now the question is how to do this automatically?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -