Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Auto Calculate w/.enablecalculation?

I am needing to disable 5 worksheets from being automatically calculated due
to the massive amounts of formulas each holds. I would still like for excels
default setting Auto Calculate to remain active. I have attempted to set each
sheets .EnableCalculation property to False - without luck. Any input would
be greatly appreciative, thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the reply! I have tried a method similar to this - However just
as soon as xlCalculationAutomatic is set, the entire workbook is
recalculated. Any idea how to prevent this? I should note that the majority
of my formulas use Index and Match. Hence the slow speed and constant
calculation on auto. Thanks!

"Ward" wrote:

I am needing to disable 5 worksheets from being automatically calculated due
to the massive amounts of formulas each holds. I would still like for excels
default setting Auto Calculate to remain active. I have attempted to set each
sheets .EnableCalculation property to False - without luck. Any input would
be greatly appreciative, thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your response! I have tried a routine similar to this one.
However as soon as xlCalcualtionAutomatic is set, my 5 sheets begin their
recalculation process. I should note the majority of my formuls utilize Index
and Match to locate data. Hence the lengthy time to update and constant
recalculations. Any idea how to prevent these particular sheets from
calculating w/o manual override? thanks!