Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default editing .xla files

I am in over my head here.
I have a custom "add-in" that is a series of 4 macros that used to work in
Excel 2003. Now in Excel 2007, one macro is now giving a "Runtime error
'1004' Autofill method of range class failed" error.
What can I do to debug this? This add-in is saved as a ".xla" file.
I have limited experience with macros and wanted to find out if I could open
this up to attempt to edit.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless the VB project is password protected you should be able to edit the
code in the VBE just as you would for a normal workbook with code. Then,
when you want to save the changed add-in, click the save button on the VBE
Standard toolbar, making sure the add-in is the active project.

--
Jim