Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Library

I'm just looking for suggestions. I've gathered a couple of dozen VBA
procedures that I want to keep and have them in a workbook on separate tabs.
I have to put them in Word first then copy and paste it into the VBE, and
while that takes an extra couple of steps that is doable I guess. My question
is that as I go I would imagine that my "library" will grow significantly.
What's the best way to keep such a thing? I can see this getting unwieldy
pretty quickly. I started a job a month ago that makes using VBA an integral
part of the job, and it would be nice to have a handy-dandy reference. I
appreciate any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Group similar functionality procedures into separate code modules, and
export those modules (FileExport File...) into a library directory. You can
then import them into any other workbook. If you were particularly cute, you
could write yourself a simple VBE addin that maintains that directory and
builds a simple dropdown to choose from.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bill_Green via OfficeKB.com" <u45230@uwe wrote in message
I'm just looking for suggestions. I've gathered a couple of dozen VBA
procedures that I want to keep and have them in a workbook on separate
tabs.
I have to put them in Word first then copy and paste it into the VBE, and
while that takes an extra couple of steps that is doable I guess. My
question
is that as I go I would imagine that my "library" will grow significantly.
What's the best way to keep such a thing? I can see this getting unwieldy
pretty quickly. I started a job a month ago that makes using VBA an
integral
part of the job, and it would be nice to have a handy-dandy reference. I
appreciate any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I hadn't thought about putting it by itself in a module. I'm still learning
this, so would the directory you're referring to be in my "personal" workbook?

Bob Phillips wrote:
Group similar functionality procedures into separate code modules, and
export those modules (FileExport File...) into a library directory. You can
then import them into any other workbook. If you were particularly cute, you
could write yourself a simple VBE addin that maintains that directory and
builds a simple dropdown to choose from.

I'm just looking for suggestions. I've gathered a couple of dozen VBA
procedures that I want to keep and have them in a workbook on separate

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]