Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Running an excel sheet which uses RTD calls as a service?

We have several Excel documents which access RTD functions and perform
calculations. In addition, there is VBA code in the workbook which using
Application.OnTime function schedules pushing data into a database.

While these sheets are ususally open on someones desktop, we would also like
to run them as a service on a separate machine so that we can collect data
even when someone doesn't have the workbook open manually.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this?

As a followup, I was wondering if anyone has experience in using Excel as a
calculation engine within another app? My reasons for attempting this is that
we have analysists that like to "play" around with the calculations, and hard
coding their Excel calculations into C# and pulling in live data ourselves
can be error prone and time consuming since they change their calculations
all of the time.

Are there any technologies out there MS or otherwise for running real time
Excel calculations as services?