Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Name error trying to use add-in

Hello Newgroup,
I have attempted to create an add-in for Excel 2003 with the code from
Harln Grove's
interesting function called "pull". This function will pull data from
a closed workbook, and can be used on worksheets/workbooks with
various excel functions like match, index, etc.

I have pasted the code into a workbook as a module, and local to the
workbook, all works well, I can refer to the function: pull("path to
workbook and range"), and it works fine.

So I then tried to make it an add-in so I can use it in all my
workbooks.
No dice. I created a new empty workbook, added the code as a module
called "PullFunction" and tested the code on the single sheet in this
new book. it works.

I then saved the file as an add-in, PullFunction.xla. I then opened
up one of my other workbooks to see if the add-in shows up and is
usable.

I can add the add-in, using Tool/add-ins etc. But when I type the
function name (pull), and the path/workbook/sheet/range variable
pull("path\'[workbook]Sheet1'!A1:C12")

I get a name error on the worksheet, which tells me it is not really
getting to the addin
What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) Did you save the file as an add-in?
File Save As Save As Type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-in (*.xla)
2) Does the file have an extension of .xla?
3) Did you add it to your addins using...
Tools Addins ...
4) Have you verified that the file's 'IsAddin' property = TRUE?

To review (4)...
1) get into the VBE
2) click on your add-in
3) click on the 'ThisWorkbook' module of your add-in
4) in the Properties window, verify that the 'IsAddin' property is set to
TRUE

--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"eholz1" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"eholz1" wrote:
[...]

Hello Gary,

The answer to all your questions is yes.

Perhaps there is some name in the code itself that conflicts.
I will look at the vb code.

Thanks for the reply,

eholz1