Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Program to record where you've been?

I'm struggling a bit with a macro I'm writing that has several layers of
loops and IF statements and calls to subs. I'll figure out what the problem
is, given a little time, but I was wondering if there is software out there
that would act like a recorder and record each line in the order it was
exectuted. I think this would help immensely in what I'm trying to do. Does
anyone know of such a tool?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:04:10 -0700, akphidelt wrote:

Not sure if you are talking about something completely beyond this level, but
have you tried walking through the code using F8?

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have, and I figured out the problem. It just occured to me that if I
had such a tool, I could have figured out the problem by stepping through
once, rather than 3 or 4 times. A line by line record would have shown me I
was resetting a variable twice instead of once right away.