Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enable Copy and Paste Functions in a protected worksheet

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

copy the entire worksheet into a empty workbook. The new workbook will not
have any protection.

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I need to have the worksheet protection so the users do not mess with the
function that was built into the worksheet. Is there a code that would allow
users to copy and paste?

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am a little unclear as to your problem. You can copy and paste into any
unlocked cell on a protected sheet. What you can not do is to copy and paste
into locked cells. Did you want to copy and paste into locked cells. If so
then why bother protecting the sheet as anything can be overwritten with a
copy paste???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are correct...I think I found my problem in the area that is unlocked, I
have 3 columns merged together and it gives a different error as to the
merged cells.....the only way I see around this is to redo the area and not
have the merged cells.

On another note though:

I have text boxes that won't allow users to copy and paste into another
worksheet tab. Is there any way around this issue?

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Merged cells are a royal pain. Instead of meging the cells try changing the
cell Formatting. If you right click the cells and select Format Cells... -
Allignment tab - Horizontal - Center across selection. You get formatting
similar to a merged cell without the limitations of a merged cell.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the info.....I went ahead and just unmerged the cells to correct
that particular problem.

Do you know how to fix the other problem below??

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the only issue that springs to mid is if you have some sort of event code
running when you change sheets. That could be clearling the clip board of the
copied text...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LRay67" wrote:

How do I go about letting users utilize the copy and paste function when
worksheet is protected?

Thanks

Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, the problem is they can't even do a right click on the mouse to even
copy the data in the text boxes. Now they can highlight the data, do a
control 'c', then a control 'v' to copy and paste into the next sheet. But
most users do not know the shortcuts with copying and pasting data.

The code that we have built into the workbook (worksheet) should not prevent
them from doing the normal right click and copy then paste.

Not sure what the answer would be, but maybe they are just out of luck. Or
just inform them of the shortcut mentioned above.

LInda