Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Identifying a uniques entity composed of two columns

I have 1,500 cost centers and 32 accounts...on a sheet (data) that has 18,000
rows

I need to find the unique combination of cost center + account (1,500 of
these combination across 32 accounts) on the "data" sheet then copy the 12
month of information onto another sheet. I can accomplish this using
worksheet functions but it takes 6 minutes to recalculate and I have to do it
32 times (onec for each account). I was hoping the I could create a macro
that would speed this process up.....

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

--
Helping Is always a good thing
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Consider using AutoFilter. This allows you to set up separate criteria on
separate columns and display only those rows meeting the criteria.

You can do this either manually or via VBA.

The same technique can be used to se up criteria on dates as well.

See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200798