Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?

Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?

Hi all,

I just don't understand this.

I have a Excel sheet which was created in Excel Xp 2003. And it is
full of calculations.

When I open it in Excel 2007,

And press SHIFT+F9, it always gives "NO-CELL" error.

Basically it doesn't run at all.

But when I go to each cell, and following the logical dependency, and
refresh/recalculate each cell one by one,

then the results are correct...

But there are so many cells and manually going through them are
infeasbile.

What can I do now?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Try rebuilding the dependency tree with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"LunaMoon" wrote in message ...
| Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?
|
| Hi all,
|
| I just don't understand this.
|
| I have a Excel sheet which was created in Excel Xp 2003. And it is
| full of calculations.
|
| When I open it in Excel 2007,
|
| And press SHIFT+F9, it always gives "NO-CELL" error.
|
| Basically it doesn't run at all.
|
| But when I go to each cell, and following the logical dependency, and
| refresh/recalculate each cell one by one,
|
| then the results are correct...
|
| But there are so many cells and manually going through them are
| infeasbile.
|
| What can I do now?
|
| Can anybody help me?
|
| Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

I think I tried it before... no use...

but let me try again...

On Aug 5, 2:10*pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:
Try rebuilding the dependency tree with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"LunaMoon" wrote in ...

| Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?
|
| Hi all,
|
| I just don't understand this.
|
| I have a Excel sheet which was created in Excel Xp 2003. And it is
| full of calculations.
|
| When I open it in Excel 2007,
|
| And press SHIFT+F9, it always gives "NO-CELL" error.
|
| Basically it doesn't run at all.
|
| But when I go to each cell, and following the logical dependency, and
| refresh/recalculate each cell one by one,
|
| then the results are correct...
|
| But there are so many cells and manually going through them are
| infeasbile.
|
| What can I do now?
|
| Can anybody help me?
|
| Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

No use... it shows a lot of NOCELL errors and a pop up window showing
"stale object handle" error...

On Aug 5, 2:40*pm, LunaMoon wrote:
I think I tried it before... no use...

but let me try again...

On Aug 5, 2:10*pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:

Try rebuilding the dependency tree with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"LunaMoon" wrote in ...

| Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?
|
| Hi all,
|
| I just don't understand this.
|
| I have a Excel sheet which was created in Excel Xp 2003. And it is
| full of calculations.
|
| When I open it in Excel 2007,
|
| And press SHIFT+F9, it always gives "NO-CELL" error.
|
| Basically it doesn't run at all.
|
| But when I go to each cell, and following the logical dependency, and
| refresh/recalculate each cell one by one,
|
| then the results are correct...
|
| But there are so many cells and manually going through them are
| infeasbile.
|
| What can I do now?
|
| Can anybody help me?
|
| Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Can anybody help?

Cannot imagine that I cannot use the old sheet in 2007... this is
miserable....