Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .ShortCutText in menus in 2007

I have created custom menus for my models. In Excel 2003, I can list
the items on the menu (for example"Copy Inputs"), along with the
shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+C). I use the .ShortCutText to add the short
cut key listing nicely to the right of my custom menu item. In running
the same code in Excel 2007, the shortcut key doesn't appear. Anyone
know if there is an equivalent in 2007 for this?

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anyone know if there is an equivalent in 2007 for this?

It doesn't look as if Excel 2007 supports shortcut text visible on a menu
item. Instead it becomes part of the item's tool tip. I guess you could
include the short cut as part of the caption, although getting several of
them all right justified together nicely might be tough.

--
Jim
"jayray" wrote in message
I have created custom menus for my models. In Excel 2003, I can list
the items on the menu (for example"Copy Inputs"), along with the
shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+C). I use the .ShortCutText to add the short
cut key listing nicely to the right of my custom menu item. In running
the same code in Excel 2007, the shortcut key doesn't appear. Anyone
know if there is an equivalent in 2007 for this?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim"jayray" wrote in message

I have created custom menus for my models. In Excel 2003, I can list
the items on the menu (for example"Copy Inputs"), along with the
shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+C). I use the .ShortCutText to add the short
cut key listing nicely to the right of my custom menu item. In running
the same code in Excel 2007, the shortcut key doesn't appear. Anyone
know if there is an equivalent in 2007 for this?

Thank you in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Some 2007 features are nive, but it's strange that they actually
dropped some features from 2003...