Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with excel 2003 formula

I am importing data from another program to excel. The goal is to add up and
total the results so that i can use them later in my excel sheet. I am
trying to use the =countif() forumal which should get my results except the
data is numbered and i cant get excel to "skip" the numbers....

product Feet
01-item1 10
02-item1 12
03-item1 11
04-item2 10
05-item2 9
06-item2 32

I want it to count the feet for item1 so i can use that number and then
count item2 so i can use that number. i am getting 200+ lines of code so i
dont want to manually pick out my items to count.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUMIF(A:A,"*item1",B:B)

--
HTH