Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem when Combo box has linked cell as a number

Hello,
I am wondering if somebody has encountered this problem befo
The ListFillRange of my combobox is a list of number (1 to 10), but whenI
tried to use the Linkedcell in a formula (If statement), it does not seem to
recognised it as a number.
Both the Linkedcell and ListFillRange are formatted as number.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
--
caroline
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
try putting your numbers (1 thru 10) in a range of cells off to the side,
say AA1:AA10 or any of your choosing, then put this range in the
listfillrange. this is what the combobox is expecting.
the combobox can be loaded using the additem method. this will clear the
listfillrange from the combobox.

regards
FSt1

"caroline" wrote:

Hello,
I am wondering if somebody has encountered this problem befo
The ListFillRange of my combobox is a list of number (1 to 10), but whenI
tried to use the Linkedcell in a formula (If statement), it does not seem to
recognised it as a number.
Both the Linkedcell and ListFillRange are formatted as number.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
--
caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is what I did, both my Linkedcell and ListFillRange and named range
(For instance Range1 for Linkedcell and Range2 for ListFillRange .
and the ranges Range1 and Range2 are formatted as numbers.
But Range1 is tehn not recognised in a formula that I used for another
purpose.
IF(A1<Range1,"Yes","No")
Any idea?
--
caroline

"caroline" wrote:

Hello,
I am wondering if somebody has encountered this problem befo
The ListFillRange of my combobox is a list of number (1 to 10), but whenI
tried to use the Linkedcell in a formula (If statement), it does not seem to
recognised it as a number.
Both the Linkedcell and ListFillRange are formatted as number.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
--
caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The combobox returns text.

You could use a helper cell to coerce the text number to a number number:
=--A1

or modify (all!) your formulas:
IF(A1<--Range1,"Yes","No")

caroline wrote:

Hello,
I am wondering if somebody has encountered this problem befo
The ListFillRange of my combobox is a list of number (1 to 10), but whenI
tried to use the Linkedcell in a formula (If statement), it does not seem to
recognised it as a number.
Both the Linkedcell and ListFillRange are formatted as number.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
--
caroline