Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Form Text Box - auto delete prompt text

Hi Guys,

I have a text box that I am using to record date of birth. I am using
the DD/MMM/YY format to avoid US / UK format confusion. I have written
the text 'DD/MMM/YY' in the text box as a prompt for the user to enter
the correct date format.

At the moment when the user clicks the Date of Birth text box they
either need to delete the 'DD/MMM/YY' text or press insert to
overwrite it. Is it possible to get this text to automatically delete
once the text box is clicked?

I have searched the group but can't find anything - any help would be
great!!

Thanks in advance

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Textbox1_Click()
Textbox1.value = ""
End Sub

hope that helps!
susan

On Jul 31, 10:07*am, wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a text box that I am using to record date of birth. I am using
the DD/MMM/YY format to avoid US / UK format confusion. I have written
the text 'DD/MMM/YY' in the text box as a prompt for the user to enter
the correct date format.

At the moment when the user clicks the Date of Birth text box they
either need to delete the 'DD/MMM/YY' text or press insert to
overwrite it. Is it possible to get this text to automatically delete
once the text box is clicked?

I have searched the group but can't find anything - any help would be
great!!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ignore that - there apparently is NO click event for a
textbox.........
hmmmmmm.
i don't know!
sorry
susan

On Jul 31, 10:13*am, Susan wrote:
Private Sub Textbox1_Click()
Textbox1.value = ""
End Sub

hope that helps!
susan

On Jul 31, 10:07*am, wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a text box that I am using to record date of birth. I am using
the DD/MMM/YY format to avoid US / UK format confusion. I have written
the text 'DD/MMM/YY' in the text box as a prompt for the user to enter
the correct date format.

At the moment when the user clicks the Date of Birth text box they
either need to delete the 'DD/MMM/YY' text or press insert to
overwrite it. Is it possible to get this text to automatically delete
once the text box is clicked?

I have searched the group but can't find anything - any help would be
great!!

Thanks in advance

Paul- Hide quoted text -