Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] porky2j@hotmail.com is offline

Default User Form Text Box - auto delete prompt text

Hi Guys,

I have a text box that I am using to record date of birth. I am using
the DD/MMM/YY format to avoid US / UK format confusion. I have written
the text 'DD/MMM/YY' in the text box as a prompt for the user to enter
the correct date format.

At the moment when the user clicks the Date of Birth text box they
either need to delete the 'DD/MMM/YY' text or press insert to
overwrite it. Is it possible to get this text to automatically delete
once the text box is clicked?

I have searched the group but can't find anything - any help would be
great!!

Thanks in advance

Paul