Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Needed

I have a workbook that needs to be updated weekly. I need to add a new
worksheet each week, rename the worksheet, as well as add columns to
exisiting worksheets, copy the format of the previous week's spreadsheet to
the new sheet, then import data from Acess. Once that is done, a chart needs
to be updated.

I am a "surface" user of Excel in that I have never used macros or wrote
code. Can someone help or refer me to a source to create the sheet, insert
the columns, rename a sheet, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:25:00 -0700, Danu wrote:

I have a workbook that needs to be updated weekly. I need to add a new
worksheet each week, rename the worksheet, as well as add columns to
exisiting worksheets, copy the format of the previous week's spreadsheet to
the new sheet, then import data from Acess. Once that is done, a chart needs
to be updated.

I am a "surface" user of Excel in that I have never used macros or wrote
code. Can someone help or refer me to a source to create the sheet, insert
the columns, rename a sheet, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks.

Depends on your level of experience with programming. If you have some
experience, try "Excel XXXX Power Programming with VBA" by John Walkenbach.
If not, try "Excel XXXX Programming for Dummies".

Use the Macro Recorder to record your steps and create a recorded macro to
use as a template to get started. The recorder put's a lot of "junk" in the
code, but it's a start.

Hope this helps in your world.