Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lookup a number based on multiple criteria

I have a list with two possible numbers but each number has several criteria

A1 B1 C1
DIAMETER LENGTH MAX WEIGHT
100 48 700
100 60 550
100 72 450

I am looking for the result from column a based on both the length and
weight which is located on another worksheet say cells f15 for the length and
k15 for the weight. I have tried this formula but it always returned the
same resulkt of 70 which is incorrect.
INDEX($AP$3:$AP$36,MATCH(1,('ROLL CUT
SHEET'!M27<=FORMULAS!$AQ$3:$AQ$36)*(FORMULAS!AG15 =$AR$3:$AR$36),0))) using
ctrl+shift+enter.

Thank you so much for assistance in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I'm afraid you lost me about which sheet your data/formula are on so this
assumes everything is on the same sheet

SUMPRODUCT((B2:B7=D1)*(C2:C7=E1)*(A2:A7))

Where
D1= Length
E1= Max weight

Mike

"scottgorilla" wrote:

I have a list with two possible numbers but each number has several criteria

A1 B1 C1
DIAMETER LENGTH MAX WEIGHT
100 48 700
100 60 550
100 72 450

I am looking for the result from column a based on both the length and
weight which is located on another worksheet say cells f15 for the length and
k15 for the weight. I have tried this formula but it always returned the
same resulkt of 70 which is incorrect.
INDEX($AP$3:$AP$36,MATCH(1,('ROLL CUT
SHEET'!M27<=FORMULAS!$AQ$3:$AQ$36)*(FORMULAS!AG15 =$AR$3:$AR$36),0))) using
ctrl+shift+enter.

Thank you so much for assistance in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

Thank You for your response.

I have all of the criteria on one sheet now and when I run the formula it is
giving me an answer of 0. Perhaps I didn't let you know that the D1 (length)
may not be a whole number. for instance in the example I ran the length is
71.50 but the weight is 250 lbs so the solution should be 100 but it returned
0