Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mailmerge with excal as datasource

Hi

I need a little advise before writing a new program.

I'm gonna write a program that can keeps track of drawings and can make a
mailmerge in Word.

Now i'm used to Excel when programming and I need a lot of the functionality
build into Excel, but can't send more than 255 letters form the excel-sheet
containing all the data information for the mailmerge in Word.

Is there a workaround regarding the 255 letters or should I write the
program for Word instead - losing a lot of functionality from Excel but
gaining the abillity to merge more than 255 letters.

Regards

Claus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I'd do this from word, this is a good starting point

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/mergfaq1.htm