-   -   Mailmerge with excal as datasource (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414781-mailmerge-excal-datasource.html)

Claus Persson

Mailmerge with excal as datasource

Hi

I need a little advise before writing a new program.

I'm gonna write a program that can keeps track of drawings and can make a
mailmerge in Word.

Now i'm used to Excel when programming and I need a lot of the functionality
build into Excel, but can't send more than 255 letters form the excel-sheet
containing all the data information for the mailmerge in Word.

Is there a workaround regarding the 255 letters or should I write the
program for Word instead - losing a lot of functionality from Excel but
gaining the abillity to merge more than 255 letters.

Regards

Claus

Keith74

Mailmerge with excal as datasource

Hi

I'd do this from word, this is a good starting point

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/mergfaq1.htm