Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening PowerPoint shape in excel

I've been using this to open a shape from PowerPoint in Excel.

myShape.OLEFormat.DoVerb (Excel.XlOLEVerb.xlVerbOpen)

It check to ensure that the shape is an embedded excel object before I do
this. Now, periodically, it just stops running on this line. I've had
issues with AutomationSecurity recently in opening workbooks in Excel.
Could this be related? This is repeatable with the same shape. The Excel
graph does have a text box on it, but I'm not sure that is the problem. The
embedded object DOES have a macro within it.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.
Barb Reinhardt