Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find entries in one column in another

Hi,
I have been trying to figure out a solution to this problem for days now and
it is really bugging me...

I have two columns with descriptions in. One column is part of a 'catalogue
list' and one column is part of a 'things that have been ordered list'. For
each item that is ordered the buyer needs to decide whether the item which
they are ordering is on the catalogue or not. This is however not always done!

This is where I come in. It is my job to search the list of items that have
been ordered and using the description of the item (sometimes 10 words long)
decide whether it is already on the cataolgue. This can be very time
consuming and I was wondering if there was a VBA code which could speed up my
manual process by comparing the two descriptions columns and matching up
similar results.

An example could look like...

'Things that have been ordered list'
description
**msc Breaded Fish Fillet Squares 70g 1x36pk

'Catalogue list'
description
Fish fillets 1x36pk, 70g

Any help would be much appreciated...I am losing sleep over this!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

G'day

Checkout this, it will set you in the right direction.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/find.htm

HTH
Mark.