Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide macro List from Alt+F8 window.

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A couple of possible ways around this.

1. Add "option private module" at the top of the module. All of the
procedures in the module will now be hidden from the macro list. Note that
this method hides all procedures in the module from the macro list.

2. Change the procedure declaration to provate. Change
Sub MyStuff()
Private Sub MyStuff()
Not that using this method means that the scope of the procedure is changed
and it can not be called from outside of the module.

3. Add an argument to the sub. Change
Sub MyStuff()
Sub Mystuff(byval x as long)
Note that using this method requires you to supply a value for x any time
the sub is called.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, *the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad- Hide quoted text -

Hi, Mr. Jim,

Thank you very much for providing me this detailed information, which
I dont know before. This is very useful information and its very
necessary for any vba project.

Thank you once again for your support and prompt reply....

Best Regards.

shahzad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add to #3:

Sub Mystuff(Optional DummyParm as variant)

and never pass anything.

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MyStuff Shows up in my macro list using the optional parameter. I assume it
does not on your system.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim

Remove optional

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

3. Add an argument to the sub. Change
Sub MyStuff()
Sub Mystuff(byval x as long)
Note that using this method requires you to supply a value for x any time
the sub is called.

If you declare MyStuff as a function with no arguments, you can still call
it like a subroutine and it won't appear in the Macro listing...

Function MyStuff()
' Do your subroutine type stuff here
End Function

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope. I just remembered incorrectly.

Sub testme(Optional parm As Variant = "")

Doesn't show up in my Tools|macro list, though.

"Shazi" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, How to Hide Macros names from the Macro List.

If you press Alt+F78, the macro list window appears, users can run
any macro from this list. how to prevent run any macro from the Macro
List.

Regards.

Shahzad

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
3. Add an argument to the sub. Change
Sub MyStuff()
Sub Mystuff(byval x as long)
Note that using this method requires you to supply a value for x any

time
the sub is called.

If you declare MyStuff as a function with no arguments, you can still call
it like a subroutine and it won't appear in the Macro listing...

Function MyStuff()
' Do your subroutine type stuff here
End Function

Rick

Ah but then it'd show up in the function list !

Regards,
Peter T