Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filldown Formula

I'm looking for a foolproof technique to Filldown a formula when I don't know
in advance how many rows i might have to fill. However, the column
Immediately to the left will be populated when the formula is applied. Any
suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Select the cell you want to fill-down and you will see a black square on the
bottom right. Double click it and the column will down as far as the
populated range in the column to the left.

Mike

"KWhamill" wrote:

I'm looking for a foolproof technique to Filldown a formula when I don't know
in advance how many rows i might have to fill. However, the column
Immediately to the left will be populated when the formula is applied. Any
suggestions would be great.
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there are no empty cells between the first and last cells in the column
to the left, then select the cell with your formula in it and double-click
the small black square in the bottom right corner of the selection border.

Rick

"KWhamill" wrote in message
I'm looking for a foolproof technique to Filldown a formula when I don't
know
in advance how many rows i might have to fill. However, the column
Immediately to the left will be populated when the formula is applied. Any
suggestions would be great.
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

well thanks yes, I actually I knew that. but that's Ok cause I figured it
out. I was looking for this:

Range("D2:D" & Range("C65536").End(xlUp).Row).FormulaR1C1 = _
"=ABS(RC[10])/1000000"

Not perfect but it works fine. I would like to make it specific to the data
so if someone gets the bright idea to move the column (or maybe I should say
'when') the Macro will work even if i am not there to fix it. Thank you