Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need to use a countif but looking a cell value

I need to count how many students have a 70% and over of a value in a cell
that

A B C D
Example: 1 Lisa
70 55 50
A B C D 2
Mike 44 40 70
9 Value 80 60 75 3 Rose
57 30 53
10 70% 56 43 53 (=b9*0.7) ok
11Amount Stu =count(b1:b3) give 3 that's OK
12 Amount with =countif (b1:b3, "=56) give 2 thats OK but instead of 56 i
need
and over 70% to look in a cell (b10)
WHEN I DID IT GIVE 0. =coutif
(b1:b3,"=b10")
Help me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

... as stated 4 hours earlier

--
HTH

Bob

"Joel" wrote in message
=COUNTIF(B1:B3,"="&B10)

"Gitano" wrote:

I need to count how many students have a 70% and over of a value in a
cell
that

A B C D
Example: 1
Lisa
70 55 50
A B C D 2
Mike 44 40 70
9 Value 80 60 75 3
Rose
57 30 53
10 70% 56 43 53 (=b9*0.7) ok
11Amount Stu =count(b1:b3) give 3 that's OK
12 Amount with =countif (b1:b3, "=56) give 2 thats OK but instead of 56
need
and over 70% to look in a cell
(b10)
WHEN I DID IT GIVE 0. =coutif
(b1:b3,"=b10")
Help me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Must have gotten hung up somewhere Bob. In my reader, Joel's was posted 33
minutes before your original. Just for information.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

... as stated 4 hours earlier

--
HTH

Bob

"Joel" wrote in message
=COUNTIF(B1:B3,"="&B10)

"Gitano" wrote:

I need to count how many students have a 70% and over of a value in a
cell
that

A B C D
Example: 1
Lisa
70 55 50
A B C D 2
Mike 44 40 70
9 Value 80 60 75 3
Rose
57 30 53
10 70% 56 43 53 (=b9*0.7) ok
11Amount Stu =count(b1:b3) give 3 that's OK
12 Amount with =countif (b1:b3, "=56) give 2 thats OK but instead of 56
need
and over 70% to look in a cell
(b10)
WHEN I DID IT GIVE 0. =coutif
(b1:b3,"=b10")
Help me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom. In my reader mine is time-stamped 8:23, Joel's is 12:28. I do
think his appeared some time later.

--
HTH

Bob

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Must have gotten hung up somewhere Bob. In my reader, Joel's was posted
33
minutes before your original. Just for information.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

... as stated 4 hours earlier

--