Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIF, criteria is cell-to-cell comparison

Hi All,

Here's my problem in a nutshell. I have rows of values, and I want to count
the number of cells where Row A's value is less than Row B's value. (It's
basically a match spreadsheet calculating number of holes won per player in
match format.) Cumulative difference of the row ranges won't help. Any
ideas? I don't think COUNTIF will support this, but I'm sure there's got to
be a way.

Here's a visual:

Scores Holes Won
Tiger Woods 5 3 4 5 4 2 4 4 4 X

Rory Sabbatini 4 4 4 5 3 4 4 3 4 X

Thanks,

Jamie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Much appreciated, I JUST came across the SUMPRODUCT function in another post,
thanks! :)

Jamie

"T. Valko" wrote:

For Tiger (scores in the range B2:J2):