Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default suppress compatibility warning dialog during save

Dear group

When i save a workbook in Excel97-2003 (.xls) format, i sometimes get
compatibility-warnings concerning loss of precision. Is it possible to
suppress this dialog program-controlled (using vba) or to 'catch' it
(like an exception) ? I have to translate a lot of .xlsx-workbooks
back to old .xls-format and would like to automate this operation
(open the file in new format, save it in old format), but the
compatibility-warning-dialog disrupts the processing. For this action,
i am really not interested in the compatibility warnings.

Thank you for any hints

Roger
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is a warning, then this should work

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Thisworkbook.SaveAs . . .
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

But I don't have xl2007, so I haven't tested it with that warning.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Dear group

When i save a workbook in Excel97-2003 (.xls) format, i sometimes get
compatibility-warnings concerning loss of precision. Is it possible to
suppress this dialog program-controlled (using vba) or to 'catch' it
(like an exception) ? I have to translate a lot of .xlsx-workbooks
back to old .xls-format and would like to automate this operation
(open the file in new format, save it in old format), but the
compatibility-warning-dialog disrupts the processing. For this action,
i am really not interested in the compatibility warnings.

Thank you for any hints

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
Dear group

When i save a workbook in Excel97-2003 (.xls) format, i sometimes get
compatibility-warnings concerning loss of precision. Is it possible to
suppress this dialog program-controlled (using vba) or to 'catch' it
(like an exception) ? I have to translate a lot of .xlsx-workbooks
back to old .xls-format and would like to automate this operation
(open the file in new format, save it in old format), but the
compatibility-warning-dialog disrupts the processing. For this action,
i am really not interested in the compatibility warnings.

Thank you for any hints

Roger- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

On 13 Jul., 18:50, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:
If it is a warning, then this should work

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Thisworkbook.SaveAs . . .
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

But I don't have xl2007, so I haven't tested it with that warning.

Tom Ogilvy

YES! Its working! Thank you very much!

Cheers, Roger