Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart title made live?

I'd like to have a way, preferably without a macro, but if needed,
that's OK: so that a chart title can be "live" depednent on a vlaue
in a cell. For example,

Cost of Apple If Type of Apple = 3, where the 3 would be based on a
cell somehwere on the spreadhseet.

As far as i can tell, chart titles are text only, so there is no
trivial way to do this. So, I'm looking for the easiest way!

Thanks!
Dean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dean

Maybe you could have a lookup function to find the desired Title in a table
based on Type of Apple.

Then the title in the chart shall refer to the cell with the lookup
function.

Regards,
Per

"DA" skrev i meddelelsen
I'd like to have a way, preferably without a macro, but if needed,
that's OK: so that a chart title can be "live" depednent on a vlaue
in a cell. For example,

Cost of Apple If Type of Apple = 3, where the 3 would be based on a
cell somehwere on the spreadhseet.

As far as i can tell, chart titles are text only, so there is no
trivial way to do this. So, I'm looking for the easiest way!

Thanks!
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

- Select the title
- Put the cursor in the input bar and type an =
- Select the cell you want linked to your title, or type say
='Sheet1!'$A$1
- press Enter

Regards,
Peter T