Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy cell contents that meet date and list name criteria

I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a drop down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials cell to
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel
etc
2/5/08 card ( from Drop down) 10.52
6/5/08 cash 12.55

I need to extract data that meets the criteria of where the monet was spent
for , i.e. fuel that falls in the month.
I have created a drop down list to select type of payment and then I would
enter the amount under the particular heading.
Can I use sumproduct for the date but can it be used also with an array as
in the drop down list.
Any help would be much appreciated.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a drop down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month? Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you want to
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto
Thanks for that, sorry if it was not clear.

Data is entered in this section
I would like to choose the selection for pay method by drop down list.

Pay Bus
Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel
4/04/2008 Card £79.99
04/04/2008 Bank £11.55
07/04/2008 Cash £2.94
08/04/2008 Chq £6.07
02/04/2008 Card £15.78
02/05/2008 Bank £10.99
03/05/2008 Cash £3.88
Totals in the month are listed in another part on the sheet to show monthly
totals by type of payment.If it makes it easier I could use one sheet for
each month thus simplifying the date sorted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for guidance so far.

John

Card Cash Chq Bank
Fuel £95.77
Bus Stock
Phone £22.54
Stationary £2.94
Travel £6.07

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month? Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you want to
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John
That's good. You have a bunch of rows of data with the date in, I'll
assume, Column A and the method of payment in, I'll assume, Column B. I'll
assume this data occupies 7 columns. I'll assume you have headers in row 1
and your data starts in row 2.
Starting in Column J, I'll assume you have headers of Month, Fuel, Stock,
Phone, Stationary, and Travel. Under the Month header, you have the numbers
1-12 running down the column. You want, say Fuel, all the payments for fuel
in a given month to be summed and placed in the Fuel column in the
corresponding row month. The same for all other purchase types and months.
Is this correct?
I'm assuming that you are not asking for help with the Data Validation
(drop-down) setup. Is that right? HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
Otto
Thanks for that, sorry if it was not clear.

Data is entered in this section
I would like to choose the selection for pay method by drop down list.

Pay Bus
Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for
anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month?
Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you want
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote
in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a
drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto
Its great to hear from you.
I am a little confused with this discussion board.I tried to give a
pictorial view of spreadsheet, but when the post is opened up it runs all the
data together and loses positioning.
If I just view John I can see the layout, but I do not know which view you
have.

Moving on.
Data is entered in colums A ( Date) to G, with headers in row 1 with data
being added in rows below, 1-40.

Column B is for payment Type by drop down list. ( I am ok with validation)
Somewhere on the sheet I need to record the amounts spent on each type of
expense and by each payment method.

i.e. I need to know for instance how much was spent on fuel by cash, card
cheque
or bank (bacs)

BANK..............CARD.......CHEQUE,,,,,,CASH
FUEL 12.5................23.44
PHONE

i HOPE THIS HELPS AND THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

jOHN
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for
anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month?
Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you want
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote
in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a
drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

I think I have a handle on this now but you didn't mention
anything about the months. I understood from what you said before that you
wanted this information by month. Is that still a requirement?

One more thing though. Give me a complete list of ALL the payment types and
another list of ALL the types of expenses. Like this:

Bank

Card,

Cheque

Cash

Fuel

Phone

Etc.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for
anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month?
Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you
want
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of
what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote
in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel,
Hotel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad"
wrote
in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a
drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the
materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

This is getting too involved to keep this in the newsgroup.
Send me an email and we'll do this by email. I want to send you a small
file I just put together for you to look at the layout and we can go from
there. My email is . Remove the "extra" from
this email address. Otto

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for
anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month?
Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you
want
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of
what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote
in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel,