Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default copy cell contents that meet date and list name criteria

John
That's good. You have a bunch of rows of data with the date in, I'll
assume, Column A and the method of payment in, I'll assume, Column B. I'll
assume this data occupies 7 columns. I'll assume you have headers in row 1
and your data starts in row 2.
Starting in Column J, I'll assume you have headers of Month, Fuel, Stock,
Phone, Stationary, and Travel. Under the Month header, you have the numbers
1-12 running down the column. You want, say Fuel, all the payments for fuel
in a given month to be summed and placed in the Fuel column in the
corresponding row month. The same for all other purchase types and months.
Is this correct?
I'm assuming that you are not asking for help with the Data Validation
(drop-down) setup. Is that right? HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
Otto
Thanks for that, sorry if it was not clear.

Data is entered in this section
I would like to choose the selection for pay method by drop down list.

Pay Bus
Date Method Fuel Stock Phone Stationary Travel
4/04/2008 Card £79.99
04/04/2008 Bank £11.55
07/04/2008 Cash £2.94
08/04/2008 Chq
£6.07
02/04/2008 Card £15.78
02/05/2008 Bank £10.99
03/05/2008 Cash £3.88
Totals in the month are listed in another part on the sheet to show
monthly
totals by type of payment.If it makes it easier I could use one sheet for
each month thus simplifying the date sorted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for guidance so far.

John

Card Cash Chq Bank
Fuel £95.77
Bus Stock
Phone £22.54
Stationary £2.94
Travel £6.07

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
You have to provide the logic behind what you want to happen for
anyone
to help you. You say "fuel that falls in the month". What month?
Provide
some logic of what you want by month. You said that you want to copy
something to another sheet. What do you want to copy? Where do you want
place it? It would help if you provided a step-by-step procedure of what
you would do if you were doing it all manually. HTH Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote in
message ...
I Have rows of input data as follows under
Date Pay type, Tools, fuel, Hotel
etc
2/5/08 card ( from Drop down) 10.52
6/5/08 cash 12.55

I need to extract data that meets the criteria of where the monet was
spent
for , i.e. fuel that falls in the month.
I have created a drop down list to select type of payment and then I
would
enter the amount under the particular heading.
Can I use sumproduct for the date but can it be used also with an array
as
in the drop down list.
Any help would be much appreciated.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What constitutes a match? Otto
"John cheshire lad" wrote
in
message ...
I am trying to do a spreadsheetfor my accounts.I need to create a
drop
down
list of payment type i.e card, cash, cheque.
I need to enter a row of data as eg
Date, supplier, drop down List,materials, legal fees, etc.

if the date and drop down crieria match I want to copy the materials
cell
another sheet.
hope you can help