Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Breakdown grouping

I need to breakdown the spreadsheet.
Origin City, Origin State, Dest City, Dest ST, Product Code = Freight Rate.

Somehow, the data provided to me is
Origin Group, Dest Group, Product code group = Freight Rate

and then a seperate spreadsheet with the cities in the Origin Group or
cities in the Dest Group and also Product Codes in the grouping.

I would like to know if there is a way to split the grouping up and make it
show specific Origin, Dest, Product Code.

Origin Dest Product Code
Rate
Houston Group Midland Group 28181 $1000

Houston Group
Houston
Deer Park
Dallas

Midland Group
Midland
Bay City
Saginaw

28181 Group
2818101
2818102
2818103

So any combination of the 3 groups will have the same frieght rate of $1000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't help but notice the data. Look's like you could be down the hall
from me. Dial x2158, if I answer the phone I can help you with your
workbook. If someone else answers don't tell 'em who sent you!

"red_jellybean" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, not personal data. We have offices in some of these places (I'm in
Houston) and I thought you might be up in the purchasing group (judging by
Freight Rate). But, it was just a wild guess.

Your workbook problem would be easier to solve by someone who could look at
the whole package, and I was willing to do that if we were in the same
office, but it's a little more complex than I usually try to answer here.
Someone may try. You may need to provide more details though.

Regards,
Charlie

"red_jellybean" wrote:

[...]

best breakdown ekkeindoha Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 3rd 10 06:45 PM
Monthly Breakdown roy.okinawa Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 15th 09 10:46 PM
Breakdown AJ Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 3rd 06 09:02 PM
How 2 breakdown $$$ into $ $ $? mjpage Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 8th 06 12:16 AM
Numerical Breakdown HUBBUB88 Excel Programming 3 June 17th 05 09:22 PM