Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Sendmail vs different computers

Hi All.........
Using xl2k, I made a macro using mostly Ron de Bruin's fine code to send an
email of part of an Excel sheet, (copied over into a helper workbook) in
Lotus Notes.
The macro works fine on my
work computer with Lotus Notes. It also works on my home much smaller
computer using
OE5, but does not work on the user's computer I want to give it to at work,
nor any other
computer around my area. The User's computer is essentially the same
Dell as mine,
only a little faster, and with the same 1GB RAM......the rest of the program
works fine on
his computer, just the sendmail command don't work

I get the error msg of "Run time error 1004 Method 'sendmail' of object
'_Workbook' failed.

I tried both
Application.sendmail EmailAddy, "mytest3 from Mike"
and
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show EmailAddy, "mytest3 from Mike"

same results with both.........works on mine, don't on his.....

Our computers at work are burdened down with EXTREME controls by the MIS
dept.....some
more than others. Could there be some sort of setting that may be different
on the various
computers that would demonstrate this situation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CLR" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Ron.....
I'm hopeing it's the MAPIX=1 thing......I can't do a Start Run myself,
have to wait for MIS to get off their duff and grace us with their presence.
It's correct on my home computer and the code works on it.
Or maybe, I can just search for Win.ini at work and check it that
way.........I'll look tomorrow when I get to work.

Thanks again,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

That did the trick Ron..........many many thanks. By doing a search for the
Win.ini file and then editiing it, it started working........I can now send
Batch emails fromExcel, through Lotus Notes using your code.........

Thanks again,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great, thanks for the feedback

--

"CLR" wrote in message

[...]

sendmail Noemi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 10th 06 01:59 AM
SendMail Add-in AccessHelp Excel Programming 3 October 24th 05 06:02 PM
SendMail upstate_steve Excel Programming 4 May 26th 05 07:11 PM
Sendmail Malcolm Excel Programming 1 November 5th 04 05:37 PM
SendMail and BCC Darrin Henry Excel Programming 0 September 15th 03 10:17 PM