Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening an XLA and then forgetting about it?

I have a very large library of code in an XLA. The code inside can be
classified into three categories:

1) global code for things like returning dates, finding sheets, etc.
2) code that is used interactively by the end-users
3) code that is used only by me to make sheets for the end users

A major problem with the current system is that the code is required
by anyone that opens any of the sheets. When this happens, the first
user to open gets a lock on the XLA. This locks me out of the code so
I can't save changes.

I would like to split the code into three libraries. The obvious way
would be do make three XLAs, but then you run into the problem of
calling code across them -- especially the "global" code that is used
all over the place. Someone suggested I could avoid this using
References, but I never figured that out.

I'm sure someone else has faced this problem before, any advice?

Maury
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An easy workaround is to make the addin ReadOnly. Then anyone can use it and
it won't stop you from overwriting the file with changes.

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com